Monday, May 16, 2022

Ghost Story

Somebody tell me a scary ghost story.

I need to receive an adrenaline rush.

Make it feel real and creepy and gory

Til all of my senses are turned into mush.

None of that zombie trash,

Werewolves or vampires.

I’m not afraid of things that don’t exist.

Tempt me instead with a vision of spirits

So vivid and lifelike I cannot resist.

 

I do believe that the spirit, the soul

Lives on even after the flesh has grown cold.

And when they are troubled,

The business unfinished,

They become a menace

That can’t be consoled.

 

Lost in the haunting of conscience and caring

The angry ghost lurks in the shadowy dark

Waiting to leap and devour his victim

With swiftness of leopards

And jaws of the shark.

You may have doubts, you

May have suspicions or

Other hypothesis pillar to post,

But no one denies the rush that comes freely

From the spirited tale of an ireful ghost. 

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: