Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Forgive, Move On

I was so angry with you that

My eyes were crowded with

Unsheathed daggers so sharp

And glistening with ruddy red beads

Of blood that they sullied the sun

And dispirited demons in their duty. 

This momentary flash of ire and ilk

Left a permanent scar on my memory, 

A constant reminder that

Trust can be fleeting

And friendship, sweet friendship

Is often unkind.

 

But anger is often a fugitive phantom,

A prison of darkness where

No one should dwell.

This fickle mistress

Enslaves my bliss

With a serpent’s hiss

From the dungeons of Hell.

I shall not reside

Without pity or pride, 

Though redemption itself is foregone.

When truth finds it’s way

There is naught left to say

But to simply forgive

And move on. 

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: