Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Stay Calm, Don’t Panic

Sudden situations sometimes strike

With slashing sorcery,

A six-six-six of Satan’s sign

To shock the soul’s serenity.

Without a word of warning or

Wary wink unto the wise

It worms its way while whispering

Like waving willows in the wind, then

Clamors its’ cacophony

Of complex convoluted cries

Corrupting calm with chaos

On a cataclysmic course.

 

Only fate and faith can free me

From this fitful frightening freefall, but

Only fickle frenzy fills

My feather frazzled faculties.

I urge my alter-ego to

Alleviate this awful angst.

I beg my battered body breathe

And be at blissful ease.

No matter how the hurricane howls,

No matter who runs frantic,

Face forward in your daring-do

Be cool,

Stay calm,

Don’t panic. 

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: