Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Meditation as Medication

Would you have me cry in anguish

Over strains and pains and deeds, or

Should I seek some magical elixir

To fulfil my needs?

I have traveled many a mile

With gritted teeth and painted smile

To find myself in need of balm

To rest my weary bones a while.

Sorry, stress, sorry, strain.

Time to place you on the shelf.

I’ve reserved this tranquil time

To ruminate all by myself.

 

Worries have been put on hold here.

Can’t be troubled by their weight.

Sunset eyes disguise all sorrow,

Softly comforted by faith.

Gentle music cradles every burden,

Warmed by empathy,

To breathe a wash of sweet repose

In dulcet strains of harmony.

Stillness teeter near the edge of

Endless possibilities, while

With the darkness comes the light

To heal the blight inside of me.

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: