Thursday, June 09, 2022

My Sweet Catherine

No longer do you walk beside me,

Save for in my memory.

The decades that we shared as one

Live constant in my silent soul.

The margins of this page called life

Are filled with images of you

More precious than my feeble words can

Fancy, render or cajole.

 

Time has claimed the bitter tears

That blinded eyes for days on end

Drifting on an endless sea

Without a rudder or a sail.

Thoughts of normal seem to dwell

Upon some strange and distant shore

As lifelines tossed were brushed and lost

And struggles came to no avail.

 

Now those hardened memories

Are softened by the healer, time,

As in my mind, your hand in mine,

We stroll these pathways yet a while.

I feel the warmth of your embrace,

The sweetness of your gentle kiss,

And in every trinket that you touched

I see your loving smile.

Lulu Storefront: https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dsmartin

No comments: