Friday, August 18, 2017

Arrest My Soul

When all of the pleading and kneading is over, 
After the bleeding is finally stopped, 
Will we be feeding on fodder from yesteryear? 
Will we be heeding the soothsayer’s song?

Who will be leading and lighting the torches? 
Seeding our thoughts through the torturous times?
Reading the headlines in horrible hopelessness? 
Weeding out suspects who stand in the way?

I stand in horror watching the spectacle. 
I stand in fear as it touches my walk.
I stand defiant, defending my doorstep from 
Goose-stepping Cretins who crash through the night.

Arrest, if you must, this pitiful visage. 
Arrest, if you dare, this intolerable toad. 
Arrest if you think me a threat to your manhood, 
But you will never arrest my soul.

There will be judgment. 
There will be justice. 
There will be reckonings all have to face. 
Patience be teacher, 
Watchdog to freedom, 
Standing in front at the end of the race.

Lulu Storefront: http://www.lulu.com/dsmartin
Amazon Author's Page: http://www.amazon.com/Dennis-S-Martin/e/B004SXY4LG/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1394055582&sr=1-2-ent

No comments: