Saturday, December 02, 2023

Hastily Waiting

I learned in the Army

How to hurry up and wait,

Learned never to volunteer,

And I found out about fate.

I learned how a chance can fall

Right out of the blue.

So here I stand hastily waiting for you.

 

You can’t imagine how hard it is to wait

For your life and your mind to change.

I rush to your doorstep whenever you call

No matter how awkward,

No matter how strange.

 

There was a time when

The world turned much slower,

But that changed the moment we met.

Now I’ll spend a lifetime

If that’s what it takes

Hastily waiting without regret.

 

Every moment I stand by your side

And revel in your company

Is worth all the waiting

Outside of your threshold

To know just how good life can be.

 

Maybe one day you’ll wake up

And somehow realize

How my heart has always been true. Til then

I’ll quickstep to see you

Whenever you call,

Hastily waiting,

Waiting for you.

 

No comments: