Friday, December 15, 2023

You Saved Me Again

You saved me

Just when my life was spinning out of control.

You rushed right in

With understanding and a hand to hold.

You touched my heart

And showed me how it is to be a friend.

Oh, and now

In my lonely hour

You saved me again.

 

You touched me

In gentle ways that I have never known.

Down deep inside

It’s clear to see how much the feeling has grown.

I know it’s true

You’ll always be there when I need a friend.

And when I’m down

You’ll be around

To save me again.

 

In my darkest hour when all hope was lost

You were always there with me

Traveling the road, sharing every load,

Knowing this is how it’s always meant to be.

 

There will come a day

I can repay the kindness you have shown.

I’ll step right in

If you are feeling lost and alone.

I’ll prove to you

I’ve learned just what it means to be a friend.

Without regret

I won’t forget

How you saved me again and again and again.

 

No comments: