Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Tightening the Screws

Game on

And the rules are soon forgotten.

I know

Two wrongs never make a right.

Flame on

When our two worlds burn together

And who knows where it all may end tonight.

 

I know

That we should have seen it coming.

Eyes wide

To anticipate the news.

We could have spent

All our energy to fix things,

Make it better

Tightening the screws.

 

But you never said a single word,

And I was such a fool

Never thinking about all that we could lose.

Could have made it all work better

If we’d only thought it through

And took some time tightening the screws.

 

I’ll beg

If it makes it all seem better.

I’ll plead;

Anything to get to you.

We’ll try

Hand in hand we’ll work together,

Spend a lifetime

Tightening the screws.

 

No comments: