Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Wildfires

The wind stirs up the heat,

Stokes the embers into flame,

And no one sees just where the fire starts.

You came in to save me

As I struggle to explain

These wildfires that rage around my heart.

 

We were wide-eyed strangers,

Two stars crossing in the sky.

We both came crashing down out of the blue.

I rushed to be by your side

Burning bridges on the way

And I ran through wildfires just to be with you.

 

Now we both know the danger

As the flames sky overhead,

That every step we take

Could be our last,

But we keep moving forward

Because we know up ahead

Our troubles will be faded in the past.

 

There’s no need to worry,

There’s no need for doubt.

We don’t need to heed the fireman’s cry.

There’s a bright tomorrow

And we don’t have to fear

These wildfires that flame across our sky.

 

No comments: