Thursday, December 21, 2023

Rapture

It’s just you and I, my love,

Wrapped up in this rapture,

Content just to be as one

As the twilight fades into the night.

We’re counting the falling stars

That race through the heavens

To rest in your waiting eye,

And the world seems so right.

 

One last kiss and we say goodnight,

Your head on my pillow.

Fall asleep sharing so much more

Than the air that we breathe.

Two hearts keeping perfect time

In a silent forever

With the rapture of happiness

In the dreams that we weave.

 

If the whole world goes crazy

And I can’t seem to go one more mile,

It’s enough just to be

In your sweet company.

All I need is the warmth of your smile.

 

The world can fade into dust.

Its’ treasures can’t last anyway.

But one thing I know for sure

Will endure to the end of all days.

This rapture we feel inside

Will always be there to see us through.

From now til the end of time

My rapture is loving you.

 

No comments: