Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Without Rhythm or Rhyme

Please, take all this pain away,

Clear these memories and ease my mind,

Play some old songs that we once knew

From a happier time.

All these feelings you say are new

Are just new ways to be unkind.

They appear like the morning news

Without rhythm or rhyme.

 

You say that you’re unhappy

With the way I’ve treated you,

And you’d be better off out on your own.

But if I have mistreated you

I’ll gladly make amends,

But I can’t do a thing to make it right

If you are gone.

 

I’m just a man,

I’m not too smart

Where women are concerned,

But that’s no reason to give up.

There are lessons to be learned.

If you can give us one more chance

I’ll get it right this time,

Instead of walking away

Without rhythm or rhyme.

 

No comments: