Monday, January 22, 2024

A Private Invitation

I’ve been searching all my life

Trying to find somebody like you.

Someone who will take me as I am

And always be true.

Only one desire floods my soul

As I think about you and your charms,

Hoping for a private invitation

Into your loving arms.

 

Forget about what’s in the past

You’ve never had a lover like this.

All the frogs you thought would turn into a prince

With the warmth of your kiss.

They don’t mean a single thing to me

And I think you know that it’s true.

They couldn’t understand the treasure in

An invitation to loving you.

 

Take away the smoky clouds of doubt.

Let the sunlight shine in.

Let me be the one to fill your dreams

As a lover and a friend.

 

No one knows just what the future holds,

But one thing is for sure.

Feelings like the ones I have for you

Will always endure.

I don’t want to miss a single day,

That’s why I wait so patiently

For a private invitation from your heart

To last us to eternity.

 

No comments: