Saturday, January 27, 2024

All Night Long

You’ve been sitting in your lonely room

Staring at an empty wall,

Waiting silently and wondering

If you should or shouldn’t call.

Now it’s late and you still hesitate

To pick up the telephone.

Don’t you worry; you can take your time.

I’ll be waiting all night long.

 

I hate it when we disagree and

You storm out in rage

Leaving me to search my empty soul

Like a tiger in a cage.

And your words keep running through my head

Like some long-forgotten song,

When all I want to do is hold you near

And love you all night long.

 

Maybe I should just forget my pride

And the hurtful words you said.

I just need you back here in my arms

Before I go out of my head.

We need to make this go away.

I don’t care who’s right or wrong.

Everything I have I’ll gladly give

Just to hold you all night long.

 

No comments: