Friday, January 05, 2024

Let’s Get Naked and Run Through the Sprinklers

I’ve wanted to show you so often

Exactly what you mean to me,

But I was afraid of what people would say

If I acted out so obviously.

We’re victims of our inhibitions.

It’s apparent when push comes to shove.

Why don’t we get naked and run through the sprinklers

And show the whole world we’re in love?

 

You say that I can’t act crazy,

I’m just an old stick in the mud.

Left to myself and my own devices

I’m like an old cow chewing cud.

But I’m tired of misunderstandings.

I’m ready to show the whole world.

I say let’s get naked and run through the sprinklers?

I’m willing to give it a whirl.

 

Life is too short to sit idly by

While the rest of the world marches on.

There are so many things I want us to try

Before all of the best of our good times are gone.

 

It’s not so hard to imagine

The kind of unrest we might cause.

Jaws dropping down to their ankles,

Eyes clearly popping in awe.

I’m ready to shed inhibitions

For you and polite company.

Why don’t we get naked and run through the sprinklers

And show the whole world that we’re free.

 

No comments: