Friday, January 12, 2024

Silk and Lace

Bracing myself for a fiery conflict,

Keeping my head down low.

Offering a prayer to the man above,

Trying not to let my feelings show.

Thinking about you a half a world away

And how I long to see your face,

Wanting just to feel your tender touch,

Missing your silk and lace.

 

People said that we were never meant to be,

Said that we would never last.

Your Momma and your Daddy both agreed

That we were moving way too fast.

But they could never know your affect on me,

How you cause my heart to race,

Or how I close my eyes every single night

Dreaming of your silk and lace.

 

And it doesn’t matter if the world goes by

And passes to eternity,

We don’t have to wonder where or why,

You and I were always meant to be.

 

There will come a time, and it won’t be long,

I’ll be coming home to you.

I’ll leave these boots and battles far behind,

And trade them for a heart that’s true.

I won’t have to dream about your loving smile

Or think about your warm embrace.

Huddled close together every single night,

Touching your silk and lace.

 

 

No comments: