Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Hold Me

Daylight breaks the silence in a world of dreams,

A world where you’re forever in my heart.

I awake with just a pillow to wrap my arms around

And the agonizing knowledge that we’re so far apart.

I work all day trying to keep busy,

But you are in my mind constantly.

I dream about the day I’ll be coming home to you,

And how everything is going to be alright

As soon as you hold me.

 

Every day that passes brings me closer to your arms,

One day closer to your loving face.

Every lonely night I hold you close inside a dream

And feel the gentle touch of your embrace.

 

There is no one on this side of Heaven

To compare with the one I left behind.

It isn’t hard to know why my heart skips a beat

Every time a thought of you crosses my mind.

I know you and I will be forever.

You are both a lover and a friend.

We don’t have to worry even though we’re far apart

‘Cause everything will be alright again

As soon as you hold me.

 

No comments: